Pages

Monday 26 September 2011

Guest Speaker: First in our 'Real World Writer's' Series!

We will soon have the pleasure of our first guest speaker in my Real World Writer Series: Chris Simon will be in our class on Wednesday morning. Chris is the editor (and reports for) the Innisfil Scope. I met Chris last year when he interviewed me about a couple of my projects: my Wii math & literacy project and my J/I boy's literacy event.

These are listed on my media page.

Since we are studying report writing, it only made sense to go to an expert & find out the scoop!

Students will be interviewing Chris on Wednesday and then writing a report about the event.

We will be putting our interview & reporting skills to use all year long as we interview other Real Life Writers.


WALT: write a news report, using expected criteria
WALT: speak effectively and listen attentively, evaluating these abilities in self & others

No comments:

Post a Comment