- No matter what you are doing in life you need to be math thinkers!
- Our ultimate goal is 2help students help themselves. How to get students to be self regulated, independent learners.
- Nurture habits of mind to promote #math learning: perseverance, attention to detail, flexible mind.
- Making mistakes is a productive part of learning #math.
- Really good #math students can think, act and communicate well mathematically
- Rigorous thinking is critical, creative, collaborative!
- Do not rush to the 'right answer'... pause for conjecture, prediction, reflection, create the environment.
- Students are not engaged unless they are personally committed to it.
She also asked these great questions:
- How can we support students in developing competencies to think critically, creatively and conceptually?
- Ask: what is the thinking that I'm doing? Need to make the thinking explicit.
- How to make best decisions possible? This is one of the questions #math raises.
- What thinking would you have to do to make a good mathematical decision
These are all things to keep in mind as we move forward in our math learning!