- DAILY PLANS
- WEEKLY SCHEDULE & YEARLY CALENDAR
- Mrs J's Math Resources Blog
- Homework Policy
- About Mrs. Johnson (Bio)
- DPA: Daily Physical Activities
- HEALTH: SEXUAL HEALTH
- FAN FILMS
- Digital Narratives and Poplit Lyrics
- SLAM POETRY WITH MRS CZARNOTA
- ART RESEARCH & TASK
- DREAM VACATION: Financial Literacy & Oral Presenta...
- VISUAL ARTS RESOURCE PAGE
- CHANGE AGENT PROJECT OUTLINE!
- Current Learning Focus/Goals
- ANIMAL FARM ANALYSIS: ESSAY WRITING
- ANIMAL FARM ANALYSIS: READING
- CHANGE AGENT ART ASSIGNMENT
- ART & HEALTH ASSIGNMENTS JAN/FEB
- Preparing For Highschool
- SHORT STORY ASSIGNMENT
- GEOGRAPHY ASSIGNMENT JANUARY
- BLOOMS TAXONOMY
- GEOGRAPHY: Just Eat It
- INSTAGRAM PHOTOGRAPHY CHALLENGES
- STUDENT BLOGS
- Growth Mindset Page
- GEOGRAPHY #2: Migration, Population, Land Use
- GEOGRAPHY ASSIGNMENT #1
- ROMEO AND JULIET/SHAKESPEARE PAGE
- Romeo & Juliet Essay Topics & Criteria
- ORAL PRESENTATION: DREAM VACATION
- FAN FILM PART 1: SCI FI/FANTASY (groups 1-4)
- FAN FILMS part 2: THE OLDIES BUT GOODIES (Groups 5...
- FAN FILMS part 3: HIGHSCHOOL LIVING/GIRL POWER (Gr...
- FAN FILMS Part 4: COMEDIES (12-13)
- Photo-A-Day Project 2015-2016
- ESSAY WRITING PREPAREDNESS
- GEOGRAPHY: The Clean Bin Project
- tech buddies prezi videos
- GEOGRAPHY: Mission Blue
- Tech Buddies Media Projects * Finished
- JANUARY HEALTH MATERIAL
- JANUARY HISTORY ASSIGNMENTS & QUIZ
- TECH BUDDIES
- INDIANA JONES ACTIVITIES
- Anti Bullying Page
- The Happy Page
Monday, 7 November 2016
Remembrance Day Assembly: Additional Materials
In planning the assembly, we used the website from the Ministry of Veterans Affairs. http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/
This website has considerable resources and we highly recommend spending some time on it!
The Guide to Commemorative Services helped us understand the traditional format for an assembly. It included links to digital music.
Besides giving a ceremony, there are numerous Ways To Remember. These could be done as an individual or as a classroom.
Educators, there are so many excellent resources to be found on the Veterans Affairs site. You can find a list of ideas here.
You might also find the Remembrance Timeline and History pages useful.
In our assembly, we wanted to show the impact of war on those who survive. The Veterans Affairs site has a vast collection of interviews (the 'Heros Remember Archive') with those who have served. Titles such as Were You Scared? and Like Losing a Family Member, among others, help us to understand the impact of war on those veterans who live through it.
We included Eva Olsson in our Remembrance Day Assembly because her experience during the war as a civilian touched us deeply.
Here is the link to our media piece on Eva Olsson.
And here is her website. http://www.evaolsson.ca/Splash.aspx
These are considered powerful music/media pieces to show and discuss.
Highway of Heros
Pittance of Time
From our Assembly: Our google doc with embedded links
Posted by Julie Johnson at 06:04