OBJECTIVE: Choose an issue you feel strongly about, develop a plan of action to address it, and then take that action!
ISSUE BASED PASSION PROJECT: what social, global or environmental issue worries and concerns you? What would you want to take action about?
BRAINSTORMING: through discussion and research, define your specific area of interest and present it to the teacher for verification. Frame your vision as positive rather than negative.
RESEARCH: what organizations, events, laws, movements already exist to deal with this problem? How can you support or improve those efforts? What can you do specifically to enact change?
DEVELOP AN ACTION PLAN! THEN MAKE IT HAPPEN!
- a media component (examples include PSA, dramatization, website (google sites, blogger, adobe spark, wix, etc), music video, commercial, social media platform etc)
- a written component (examples include a research report, a creative writing interpretation, a persuasive essay/speech, song lyrics, poem, spoken word, a letter to the editor, an email to an organization etc)
- a math component (conducts a google forms survey related to your issue/compile data and interpret results, use stats to create a Kahoot, or an infographic)
- a community component (an event of some kind: guest speaker, fundraising, awareness raising, digital launch, etc)
- other? if you've an idea to add, please let the Mrs. J know!
Overall level of effectiveness, and learning skills assessment.
EXHIBITION: your final work will be shared in a public forum/exhibition taking place March
NOTE: a VISUAL ARTS is a separate art assignment though you can incorporate into your final Change Agent project, if you so choose
HERES A LIST OF CHOSEN TOPICS!
Alzheimer's disease in Canada
Child health and obesity in Ontario/Canada
Hunger in Eritrea, Africa
Gender equality (rape culture * this topic has been approved by Mya’s parents)
Homelessness in Barrie
|School Survey & Improvement|
Garbage waste locally
invasive species (Gobi) in Lake a Simcoe
Burning garbage locally
Homelessness (the issue of warmth, safety and comfort)
Child Servants in India
Food Banks locally
Homelessness in Toronto
Living conditions on Aboriginal Reserves in Ontario/Canada
Child Mining in India
Animals in Circuses
Plastic in Oceans
Access to Clean Water
Over hunting of white tailed deer
Head concussions in sports